Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce
RC-MoonPie 10 Mile and 5K Run
Race Management RFP
The Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce is seeking proposals for Race Management for the 24th Annual RC-MoonPie 10 Mile and 5K Runs to be held on Saturday, June 15, 2019. Proposals will be received by the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 222, Bell Buckle, Tennessee, 37020 until 12:00 P.M. on Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Notification of award will be made once all proposals have been reviewed and information is processed from the proposals.
Proposals should include but are not limited to the following:
• Race timing and results management
• All start line and finish line equipment to be included and set up by Race Management volunteers
• Race Management to coordinate assignment of registrants with bib numbers and chips.
• Pre-event assistance/consultation and attendance at Race Planning Meetings if requested
• Advertisement and promotion on Race Management website, social media, printed materials, event listings, and all other related areas of promotion including promotion of event at all other races.
• Use of Race Management’s runner information to blast event info at monthly intervals on email and/or mailing list.
• Online event registration link through Race Management’s website to Active.com link to RC-MoonPie races.
• Results listed on Race Management’s website within 24 hours of finish of event. Results forwarded to Bell Buckle Chamber personnel within 24 hours of finish of race.
• Race Management must list Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce as additional insured and provide BBC with copy of Declaration page showing listing.
• Race Management to provide volunteers to help with pre-registration and day of registration.
• Race Management to provide volunteers at major directional points along course as “barkers”
• Race Management to provide Event day materials related to race day such as safety pins, sound equipment, bullhorns, computers, printers, display equipment for posting pre-race information and post race results.
• Course layout assistance
• Assist with Race Certification renewals if needed
The proposal should include but is not limited to the following:
• Number of volunteers assisting on Event Day
• Photos of start and finish line equipment
• Detailed description of race timing equipment and result posting
• Disclaimers, warranties, guarantees
• Three references from other races/race directors
• List of needs that will be required of Bell Buckle Chamber Race Organizers
More information may be obtained by calling Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce Race Director Jenny Hunt at 931-607-6784. The Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids and to accept any bid, which, in its opinion, may be for the best interest of the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce. The Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce also reserves the right to null and void the agreement at any time during the contract period if services are not adequate. Proof of insurance will be required.
It is the policy of the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability in its hiring and employment practices, or in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services and activities.