Official Rules and Class Information
Daffodil Day Flower Entry Rules
- The show is open to all exhibitors. Entries must be from the exhibitor’s own garden.
- Entries will be accepted from 10:00 to 11:30pm
- Unlimited entries but one per class unless entries are different variety.
- All entries must be staged in the test tube and block provided; entry tags must be filled out and attached to entry.
- All entries must use live plants.
- Collections will be in containers of exhibitor’s choice..
- Show closed from 11:30 to 12:30 for judging.
- Show open for viewing at 12:30.
- No entry shall be removed before 3:00pm.
Division I Specimen Classes
Section A Single Specimen
- Class 1 Miniature – any color
- Class 2 One bloom per stem daffodils – yellow
- Class 3 One bloom per stem – white
- Class 4 One bloom per stem -mixed
- Class 5 Double Flowered
- Class 6 Multiple blooms per stem
- Class 7 Bell Buckle Home Town Challenge (open only to Bell Buckle Residents)
Section B Youth Single Specimen
All exhibitors in this class must have had some part in the growing of the daffodil, whether planting, watering, fertilizing, or cutting for the show.
- Class 8a Youth from ages up to 10 years old
- Class 8b Youth ages 11 to 18 years old
Section C Collections
- Class 9 Three or more in a container.
- Class 10 Youth Collections three or more in a container.
Division II Daffodil Arrangements
(Daffodils prominent in arrangement)
All entries in design must conform to the height requirement. Other plant material is allowed, but daffodils must be prominent in arrangement.
- Class 11 Miniature/Small arrangements not to exceed 10” tall
- Class 12 Medium arrangements 11 – 18” tall
- Class 13 Large Arrangements over 19” tall
- Class 14 Youth Arrangements – any size – exhibitors must be under 18 years of age.
- Class 15 Senior Arrangements – any size – exhibitors must be age 70 or older.